Saturday 9 February 2013

Plan of attack and request for help

So here is the list  of 30 things in one place and a little summary of where I am with each one, in many cases nowhere! Apologises for it being a little rambling!



1.Start a blog to keep track of progress and report back. - doing :) 

2. Read a book every month (or 12 in the year) and post a blog comment about it - still reading book one, I have the next title ready but I need to read quicker!


3. Complete a cross-stitch design every month - I have done 3 :) and just started my 4th so well on the way with this one!

4. Run a reasonable 5km run - I ran 1km this week, so thats progress if very slow. Maybe i shall try to do 1km twice this week.

5. Visit a new city in the UK - not got there yet

6. Go to a rugby game - need to decide on a game and someone to drag along

7. Listen to a new band as recommended by someone else - still waiting for one to be recommended

8. Try a new recipe from my recipe books each month and blog about it - not done but the books are out so  2 this month to catch up.

9. Go to a ballet - nothing yet

10. Go to a Classical concert - same as above


11. Have a facial - maybe for my birthday

12. Track day  - not looked yet

13. Get a tattoo - needs to be a sensible decision and not rushed, advice welcomed!

14. Go to a 20-20 cricket game - I must look at this, anyone want to come?

15. Eat in a Michellin Star restaurant - maybe nearer birthday

16. Get a new qualification - nothing yet 

17. Go on a steam train - nothing yet but more of a summer thing, need someone and somewhere to go

18. Go to Centre Parcs - probably later in the year, holiday booked in June though!!

19. Give something up for lent - crisps, it starts Wednesday!

20. Learn to knit a scarf - going away with a knitter in June so might start then


21. Ride a horse, even if its just a short ride - does anyone know good stables?

22. Do a course of some sort maybe painting or crafting etc - looking at ones at both Hepworth and Yorkshire Sculpture park

23. Go to a craft show or game fair - a work in progress

24. To take more pictures - I now have a flickr site here

25. Eat one meat free day a week - not doing well at this at all, need to try harder, it will be easier in summer when eat more salads

26. To attend at least 6 WYNTV tasks - I tried to go to 1 but cancelled due to snow.

27. Build a sandcastle at the seaside- this might be part of the steam train event or June holiday

28. Attend more talks after work  - not achieved this, maybe IGT seminars as I am hopeful of beer after!

29. Ride my bike - still in the garage

30. And finally work to get my contract extended or find myself a new exciting job. - this is the hands of those above me, but I am beginning to poke them

So I am making progress if a little slow in some areas, the next few weeks are going to be hard as I do love crisps. So if you want to help me achieve one of my targets or have a suggestion of where I could go to achieve it let me know! Leave me a comment, facebook me, tweet me or find me at work! 

I addition this week I got red streaks in my hair as you can see from this photo. 





2 comments:

  1. Love the new hair, and the half a Bert. I have steam trains, horses and knitting if you are around at any point. And once you have been converted to being a knitter there are many lovely yarn shows, with sheep!

    Also for courses, you could try the Craftsy website if you can't find any nearby ones that you like

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get the steam train from Keighley to Haworth. It's my fave. You can do it all through the year.

    If you fancy listening to some punk/pop punk some of my favourite bands are bouncing souls, alkaline trio, mxpx, NOFX and new found glory.

    ReplyDelete