Saturday 29 June 2013

The times, they are a changing.

This is bit a short summary, things have changed a lot in the last month. I was meant to go away but this was cancelled due to Dad being ill. On the 18th June my Dad passed away after a long illness, he had amazing care in his care home over the last 5 years. I will hopefully write a longer blog in the coming week. I haven written something for Dad so I will post that at some point in the future to.

On top of the things listed below, I went to the theatre with some people from the department to see Sherlock Holmes

In summary I have achieved 5 tasks completely and 9 are ongoing. The ones I want to achieve next are - tattoo, cricket and sandcastle building! Then horse riding, facial and steam train. 

Again comments and suggestions welcomed, does anyone fancy the ballet or a classical concert. 

Task list
1.Start a blog to keep track of progress and report back. - doing :) 

2. Read a book every month (or 12 in the year) and post a blog comment about it  - 3/12 - I haven't really done much reading, I think downloading them on to my tabler might help, also I am away for a week soon so I might be able to read more. 


3. Complete a cross-stitch design every month - 6/12 done :) - again i haven't done any more of this.

4. Run a reasonable 5km run - Nope but I have been very tired, so need to slowly build this up. - this is something I need to start on.


5. Visit a new city in the UK - Been to Manchester

6. Go to a rugby game -. - I have achieved this, I went to see Wakefield Wildcats vs London Broncos on Sunday 23rd June, with my brother, his girlfriend and mum. Wakefield won, so a good day was had by all and a new task crossed off the list.






7. Listen to a new band as recommended by someone else - Done

8. Try a new recipe from my recipe books each month and blog about it - . I made a apple crumble cake for the SEE cake club, I think it was a bit of a hit.. 


http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2198652/apple-crumble-loaf

9. Go to a ballet - nothing yet - no still failing

10. Go to a Classical concert - same as above -  nope

11. Have a facial - I should just book one, and see if I like it! - Thanks to Sam for her suggestions, I must now book, not sure when I well find the time. 

12. Track day  - not looked yet- not yet

13. Get a tattoo - this I have re-thought and i am going for a tree/branch, I have a name of an artist in Leeds, thanks to Graham so this is progressing.

14. Go to a 20-20 cricket game - Organised with some PhD's from work going to Headingly on 5th July -  this is net friday!

15. Eat in a Michellin Star restaurant - there are some things I need to work on

16. Get a new qualification - I haven't thought about this one, I will look at this soon.


17. Go on a steam train - I need to get a date sorted!


18. Go to Centre Parcs - Not thought about this one

19. Give something up for lent - completed :)

20. Learn to knit a scarf - Scarf is still ongoing but its getting bigger hopefully I will get it finished soon. 

21. Ride a horse, even if its just a short ride - I really need to sort this out, maybe a weekend in August

22. Do a course of some sort maybe painting or crafting etc - Learnt to keep bees.

23. Go to a craft show or game fair - Went to Cake and Bake show

24. To take more pictures - I now have a flickr site here

25. Eat one meat free day a week -I am not very good at this, although I have managed one day and generally only have meat in one meal. 


26. To attend at least 6 WYNTV tasks - So I have been to one social and one task, I helped clear Rose Bay Willow Herb.


27. Build a sandcastle at the seaside-  With the holiday being rebooked I hope to get this one sorted.

28. Attend more talks after work   - nope

29. Ride my bike - still in the garage -  nope


30. And finally work to get my contract extended or find myself a new exciting job. - Well I have applied for y new job, the closing date was friday, so I now just need to get an interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment